Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Did I order the wrong wheels?

46K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Vector Pilot 
#1 ·
My company vehicle flips in a few weeks (current car is a 2011 Taurus Limited), so I ordered a 2013 Fusion Titanium about a month or so ago. It's build date is 6/3, and I ought to see it a week or two later.

I ordered the car (FWD) with every virtually every option except navi. (I just can't see spending ~$900 for navigation when a Garmin costs about a hundred bucks, and my iPhone has a serviceable GPS with voice prompts. I should also note that I don't use my current GPS very often.) But every other option,- moonroof, driver assist package, active park assist, adaptive cruise control, premium mats, cargo net, all weather mats, stainless steel sill plates, ash cup coin holder, and cargo area protector,- will be on the car. (Oh yeah, no DVD player either.)

The only thing that's nagging at me a bit is my choice of wheels: instead of the 19" dark H-spoke wheels, I opted for the 19" Y-spoke bright wheels. Has anyone seen these wheels in person?? I hope I like them, but am a bit concerned. Appreciate any comments by anyone who's seen them or has them. Thx in advance.

The car will be black metallic, BTW.

#12 ·
A few pics & initial reactions...

Posted below are a few quick pics I took this morning.

After one week, I'm really happy with the car. It's nimble and handles well, has a reasonable amount of power (surprising, even, for a 2 liter 4 cylinder), and the electronic features are useful and fun. This is the first car I've ordered with adaptive cruise control, and I'll never get another car without it. As others have mentioned, the Tuxedo Black metallic does a good job of hiding dust.

As for negatives, I wish the trunk lid opened a bit further/higher: watch your head! Was a bit surprised to see a prop rod for the hood, but no biggie. When you accelerate hard and then back off the throttle, the engine tends to continue revving a bit before the RPMs drop. That's about it for now. Fantastic car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.