Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Miscellaneous > Tech Tips

Unread 05-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #1
hollywd
Cadet

Fan#: 3554
What I Drive: 2014 ruby red escape se

hollywd Good Standing Member
how to change transmission fluid in a 6F35 tranny in a 2015 ford escape

Wondering if I did the change right ? I dropped the bottom plug out and only got 3 quarts and 2 ounces , so I added that exact amount . Drove it for about 20 miles and dropped it again . This time got about 2 ounces more , so added the 3 quarts and 4 ounces and drove it 20 minutes going thru all gears . Back on the lift dropped what i think is the plug to check and no oil came out so I added 1/4 quart at a time while running . Stopped a 1 1/2 quarts , no oil coming out . Kind of spitting oil every now and then buy not dribbling.
Did check with car level and running . The plug I removed is facing down next to another plug . There is no plug by half shaft , there is casting for one . But no plug ?
So now what , do I keep adding oil ? car has only 20,000 miles on it , maybe came low from factory ? Do you think the transmission has damage in it from possibly running low on fluid ?
The oil was a dark blackish red on 1st drop , didn't smell burnt
If you can help me that would be awesome

Unread 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
hollywd
Cadet

Fan#: 3554
What I Drive: 2014 ruby red escape se

hollywd Good Standing Member
drain plug

okay , does anybody know where the drain plug for a 2015 escape is ?
They moved it , not to the left of half shaft anymore . Found a plug to the right of half shaft with a torx head , but would like to be sure before pulling it
Thanks for any help !