Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Harness bars? harness? oh my...

31K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  bajanesswifty3296 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If you get the dimensions, I'm sure Dustin could bend you up a bar and send it to you. Or you could probably purchase one from FRPP or Steeda if you rather go that route. Dustin Fabbed his own strut tower brace for his focus, so I'm sure he could handle that task...

SVT

#3 ·
The more I look and read on the subject of harness bars, it seems they are pretty much worthless. No racing body allows them as with a harness your body is held upright. in the event of a rollover with roof cave in... well you get their point and its not good.
For the cost I may as well look into 4 point rollbars with crossbar. seems removable crossbars are an iffy subject also.

#4 ·
The next thing you can harvest from an Explorer is the intake manifold. It is a HUGE upgrade over the factory Mustang intake manifold. It has flow numbers that are comparable to the GT40 or Cobra intake manifold. In fact, the bottom manifold is almost identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.