Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Trucks > Ford F-Series > Ford F-Series Discussions

Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
I Bleed Ford Blue

Fan#: 1121
What I Drive: 2017 Mustang GT convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing Member
Just got a new 13 F150

I've been here a while and I finally got tired of my yellow MK 3 focus so I traded it in today for this http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FW1EF0DFD16836

After X plan and rebates it cost me $40,040

I chose the 5.0 over the ecoboost because I don't tow anything and the 5 liter is $1,095 cheaper plus there is an additional $500 rebate for getting the 5 oh.
And the biggest reason I chose the 5 liter is there is a lot more performance parts available for it versus the 3.5 EB engine. From two different intake manifolds (the boss 302 and the cobra jet) several CAI's, cams, long tube headers and about a dozen different supercharger setups from the old style roots to the eaton TVS to the twinscrew setups and the centrifugals. And of course turbo setups, single and twin. Also there are 3 different COYOTE crate engines available from Ford racing and tons of forged internal parts available and stroker and big bore kits out there.
16 Blue Candy Focus Titanium 300A loaded

Old 11-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

Fan#: 1269
What I Drive: V8 Fords

RangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True Fanatic
Sweet, when will you have pics? I'm planning to get a 5.0 and 6R80 out of a wrecked 11+ F150 for my 77 EB...

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 11-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing Member
Maybe tomorrow. I have to go back to the dealer so they can setup my sync account, the 13's with the sony sound and nav get the my ford touch just like the focus does except my seat heater/cooler controls are on the touch screen like the new explorers have. They also have to finish prepping it. They had enough time today to just give a quick wash before I had to go to work.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
I Bleed Ford Blue

Here is a few quick pics to satisfy everyone.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/mem...ew+13+fx4.html
Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

RangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True Fanatic
I really like that color! Since I know you're like me and can't leave anything alone, what's on the mod list?

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 11-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
I Bleed Ford Blue

Ha ha you been talking to my wife haven't you. J/K Actually the biggest reason I chose the 5.0 is the upgrade potential. First on my list is long tube headers and a magnaflow cat back. I would also like to get a set of cams from comp cams. I also want to throw on a boss 302 intake.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

Let me know how the cams respond. I'm planning to get a 5.0 & 6R80 from a wrecked 11+ F150 for my 77 bronco. I'm thinking a set of cams and an M122...

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 11-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
I Bleed Ford Blue

Just google cammed coyote engines on youtube there are tons of videos out there. You have to realistic about what you want out of the cams and choose the right cams for your needs. And you need to find a competent tuner. If the guy don't know his craft he can make a stock motor run like crap, or if he's really good he can make it run like a raped ape. Tuning is everything on these newer motors, more so than the actual hard parts.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

I know about the tuning, I'm actually getting into that now. I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm smart enough to not blow my engine. I have an SCT X2 handheld, plan to get the livewire soone, and with that gonna get the pro race package, so I can self tune. Plan to study the differences from my current custom tune to the stock tune, and start learning. I know about fuel and timing curves, how engine load affects AF ratios, etc. So I think I've got a good head start...

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
Good heavens.... you're insurance must be high!

Quote:
13 Blue Flame F150 FX4 402A loaded
13 Performance Blue SE 201A
13 Frosted Glass Escape Ti 401A loaded
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
I take it you are a pilot, as your info says?