Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Crossovers & SUVs > Ford Escape > Interior Mods & Upgrades

Old 03-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
rahrena8690
Cadet

Fan#: 3509
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Ford Escape SE

rahrena8690 Good Standing Member
Upgrade your '13-'15 Escape's MFT to have Navigation via APIM!

Hey all, I'm new here, but I have spent most of my time over at FordEscape.org-

Just wanted to spread the word on any other frustrated drivers out there who bought an Escape '13 and up with MyFord Touch but no Nav. I bought a '13 FE SE 1.6T with MFT but no Nav. It came with over 50K miles, so warranty was up- this gave me a bit more freedom to experiment.

I made a tutorial video on how to swap out the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) behind the 8'' LCD to enable your FE to have navigation capabilities from salvaging an APIM from another vehicle with those features.

If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWYlgxmI8bA

Thanks! I'm going to be making more of these videos, so any constructive criticism is appreciated!

Excited to be joining this community,

-Rahrena

Old 03-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
I Bleed Ford Blue

Fan#: 1121
What I Drive: 2017 Mustang GT convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Outstanding Standing Member
Don't let the dealership service dept get ahold of your car. If they plug in their computer to check for updates, it will reload the as built data and delete the nav software and you will be back to where you started.
16 Blue Candy Focus Titanium 300A loaded
Old 10-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
Escape12
Pilot

Fan#: 2867
What I Drive: 2012 Escape; 2005 Five Hundred SE

Escape12 Excellent Standing Member
Recent downlaoad and install of SYNC 3

I have a '12 Escape. I was eligible for the recent update for my SYNC. I tried 3 times to download and install. The voice came back that it could not find the install file. BALONEY! Before I took the flash drive out to install I opened the file . it contained 3 files. SYNC MY RIDE and two LST files. This past Monday I called Customer Service for SYNC. The tech asked me some questions, put me on hold, and told me to take it to the dealer. I about lost it! There should be no reason that I could not of done this on my own. I called my Ford dealer Service Manager. He said he was not aware of the SYNC upgrade, and that he would get back to me. Guess what? I am still waiting for the call. Was anybody elsa able to do the SYNC upgrade? Now what I find interesting is I used my phone and went to my contact list. SYNC was saying the names I had in my list. It never did that before.