Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

2015 f150

19K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RangerSVT 
#1 ·
Was at my local dealer the other day to get my truck washed and they had 1 2015 f150 sitting there waiting for prep. I snapped a few quick pics on my phone.

Didn't get to drive it, but I did rap on the body panels with my knuckles and it felt and sounded like plastic.

The blue truck in the background of the first pic is mine.

See less See more
#2 ·
I hear the 2016 sooper dooties are getting the aluminum body panel treatments, reducing weight and adding to fuel economy. I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 brings 1,000 ft lbs and 25 mpg to a 3/4 ton market...

SVT

#3 ·
Rumor is GM is watching very closely how well the buying public takes to the new aluma fifty, so is toyota. Also I hear the super duties will get the aluma diet possibly in 2016 or 17, and if this goes well for ford, they will switch their car models over on the next redesigns. If this goes well it could be the death of steel in the american auto industry. I could see by 2030 about 75% of the vehicles on the road being aluminum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.