Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Timing for WOT

45K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  adizyctts983 
#1 ·
Did some data logging after installing my race tune and discovered that My timing is only 28.5 degrees at full throttle. Any one have any tuning "smarts" with the 3V motors and know what they like. It seems kinda low to me, but I grew up in a world of SBC's where 38 degrees was the norm.
Also want to down load my logs to the computer from my flasher and live link doesnt wanna connect. Could it be a windows 8 thing?

#2 ·
Yes that is correct. I have a tuner. Im doing a test and tune sat. I might play with it then. I was hoping there was a resident tuner with some knowledge on the 3V's

#6 ·
It's possible your os conflicts with the handheld software, or the software is not configured for 8. If you have a laptop or desktop running anything older than 7, like xp, I would try to download to that...

SVT

#9 ·
Thanks....So SCT said live link does work with windows 8.They also said it should connect without the engine running as long as it is in the on position. Now I gotta figure out what i am doing wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.