Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

What are your mod plans for your Fusion

56K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  maximusetrov1481 
#1 ·
After I complete my audio overhaul, I'd like to do a complete steeda suspension upgrade with some 19" wheels with 245/35/19 BFG KDW's and keep my stock 17" SEL wheels and tires for winter use. I also plan on doing the mazdaspeed 6 big brake conversion, I also want to swap out my lower grille for a sport version, I like the looks better. I may also add sport side skirts if I can find a set cheap. And finally, if I can find a donor car cheap enough I want to make mine the first "Fusion SHO", I call it project SHO-sion by swaping in a 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost engine out of a taurus SHO. Actually if I ever do the ecoboost swap, I'm gonna get SHO-SION on my plates and swap out the 'EL' for 'HO' on the trunk and change the flex-fuel badge for an ecoboost one. My goal is to make it look like ford actually built a fusion SHO

#2 ·
Well good luck! I look forward to seeing progress!

As for me, mine is about finished. If I keep it until next Spring I would like to do a square tire/ meaty flush setup...18" wheels on big sidewall tires...

Like so (pic not as meaty as I'd like...)

#3 ·
I have a Milan, can I still play?

Just picked it up yesterday but things that I am doing very soon are tint then HIDs and LEDs. I think clear corners would look nice on my ugly tan.

Then figure out which double din head unit I want.

I need to figure out what plugs and air filter are best for my 2.3 I4 engine.

Color match lower grill, fog light housing & rear bumper insert. Throw on some nicer exhaust tips and I think that will be it.

#5 ·
I have a Milan, can I still play?
Sure can, the milans are just the ugly sisters to the fusions. [hihi]
The MKZ's are the red headed step child of the family that you lock away in the closet when visitors come by so no one sees her. [poke]

#7 ·
Plans for my fusion... good question, haha.

I am currently in my last semester of college and will be moved and working at my new job in about two months.

Any mods I do to my Fusion, I want to look like it would come from the factory that way. I plan on getting a 5ch amp to power new speakers and build an integrated-esque sub and amp shelf in the trunk.
All of this while keeping the factory stereo.

I also plan on doing easy, simple mods: strut tower brace, sway bar, SCT tuner(after 60k when warranty is up), etc.

I also plan on doing a BiXenon retrofit, and painting the interior of my lamps to match the body color.

I want to find(or order) a monochrome appearance grill for my sterling grey fusion as well.

I also want to smoke my side markers, paint the chrome on the front of the car flat black once I get the grill.

Uhh... I think a rear roof spoiler would look really good on these. I haven't seen one yet, but still.

I honestly think that's about it, mostly cosmetic haha. Its a great daily driver and gets great mpg. I just want it to look good and be functional :)

#9 ·
What are the best mods for the money?? I've had mine for about a week and the only thing I can find is steeda parts. I know for mustangs they are good but what about our cars?? I'm working on getting it tinted adding a sub and maybe tinting the tail lights. But as far as power up grades I don't know???

#11 ·
I have a 2011 Blue Flame colored SEL. Leather, moonroof, Sony stereo.

I'm not sure of what customizations I want, if any! I bought weathertech floor mats right away, would like to add a spoiler, but otherwise I enjoy my car so much I'm not sure that I'd want to over-customize it. I suppose if I could boost power or fuel efficiency that's all I'm interested in so far.

I do think the Sony stereo rocks, but I may add a 12" sub for the low end, but otherwise for house, techno,a nd dubstep I'm satisfied with the sound so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.