Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

disciplerocks's 02 moar door Focus

75K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  disciplerocks 
#1 ·
So I picked this up last weekend in Ohio from James. Trailered it home.

Monday I picked up a ZX2 head for it and ordered a Massive VCT delete kit.

Got a discount cause Karl is a cool guy, and because Massive created their VCT delete kit from a ZX2 head I had sent to Karl a couple years ago.

Today I pulled the old head, cleaned everything up, and installed new gasket and ZX2 head. Should be able to finish up enough tomorrow to try to fire it up.

And a video of me turning it over and coolant shooting out of spark plug holes.

See less See more
#2 ·
Frosty morning. Now that the battery is charged, I have found the fuel pump is not turning on. Inersia switch it good as well as fuses. I'll have to dig deeper once the snow melts.

#4 ·
Picked up a set Mach edition seats today. Probably the rarest factory seats there are. Bit dirty, but should clean up nice. Also grabbed a fuel pump and a gauge cluster with a tach.

#7 ·
Replaced the fuel pump today. It had seized from sitting. Cut an access panel instead of dropping tank.

And she runs, kinda

(Video link)

#12 ·
Lined them all up for a photo.

Seats and clutch with tach in. Seats need cleaned.

Pulled the Borla and the 6 speed off the SVT.

Auto out.

6 speed in, but it didn't line up at first. Broke the end cover. Hoping to have it welded.

And most of the parts I plan to install.

#14 ·
Interior mostly together. Man pedal, leather steering wheel, shifter, shifter cables and svt center console installed. Still dirty as hell. Can't find my radio removal tools so the woodgrain is going to wait.

#15 ·
Swapped to 05 front brakes. Bigger rotors and calipers. Rotor is still smaller than an svt, but the caliper piston is larger so its still a worthy junkyard upgrade. Just had to swap the ball joints to make them work. Which sucked, a lot.

Axles in and wheels on. Now I can get the engine bay back together.

#17 ·
Here's a comparison and stats. 06+ probably used same brakes as 05 but I can't confirm because they used a larger strut and won't work with anything I own.

00-04: 10 1/8" rotor, 2.1" caliper piston
05 (presumably 05-11): 10 7/8" rotor, 2.5" piston
02-04 SVT: 11 3/4" rotor 2.1" piston

#18 ·
More progress. Installed svt intake, svt valve cover, Massive's vct delete, and svt power steering line (to clear header). Not much left to do, but I'm still waiting on the transmission end plate cover thing. I may have found someone willing to sell me one.

#21 ·
Installed the woodgrain, and Blaupunkt head unit. Might swap out the silver HVAC controls for black ones. Not fitting in with the wood grain.

And this is why you don't reuse head bolts. I had planned on pulling head back off to have it decked, but decided just to replace the gasket and bolts.

35 minutes to remove, and 40 to reinstall. I've done it a time or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.