Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Crossovers & SUVs > Ford Escape > 2.3 & 2.5L Duratec

Old 06-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #31
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
Looks like the old escape might be sold already. Didn't even advertise it.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #32
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

Fan#: 1269
What I Drive: V8 Fords

RangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True Fanatic
Nice. Are you getting what you want out of it?

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 06-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #33
white89gt
Administrator Shane

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
What I want, no, lol. What I need, yes.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 AM   #34
white89gt
Administrator Shane

The Escape survived... I did not sell it. It really has been a really good little vehicle. It now has 18X,XXX miles on it. This past weekend I put new pads, rotors, and end links on it. This coming weekend, weather permitting, it will get a new thermostat and water pump. I am getting a CEL every month or so - saying the coolant temp is too low, so the stat is stuck open. The heater has sucked all winter, so - that verifies that as well. The new water pump is going on because the current pump has a very slight leak and if I am opening the system for the stat, I may as well do the pump. The thermostat is in such a wonderful spot too - just behind the pump.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #35
autolite
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1468
What I Drive: 1998 Black Mustang GT

autolite Excellent Standing Memberautolite Excellent Standing Member
You have the 4 cly. right? I have done 3 of them. On all I removed the power steering pump. Taken off the hoses and then un bolted the thermostat. I have bought 2 new ones from From and 1 from summit Racing. I think the Summit was a the same maker as Fords. There was green like check marks on them.
06 Harley Ultra Classic
2008 Focus SE
Old 06-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #36
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Finally got to this yesterday, and also did the water pump.... and while I was in there noticed the idler pulley needed a new 6203 bearing. I wound up pulling the A/C Compressor to get to the t-stat. It went really good.... I took pics...

The goods

See why I did the pump?

I took the 3 bolts out of the A/C Compressor and let it sit on my aluminum stool

With that out of the way, this is what it looks like

After fussing with those POS hose clamps, I finally pulled the stat out and did the hoses while the stat was unbolted.

I put good clamps on it for reassembly

I'm going to guess that this rub mark on the stat is what was causing it to "stick open"

Also put a new bearing in it...

Then I filled her up using this hose.... worked sweet.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #37
autolite
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1468
What I Drive: 1998 Black Mustang GT

autolite Excellent Standing Memberautolite Excellent Standing Member
nice clear view with the a.c. moved. Water pump looked like you caught a week or 2 and it probably would be leaking me thought. When my Daughters went the bearing was wobbling and leaked
06 Harley Ultra Classic
2008 Focus SE
Old 06-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #38
white89gt
Administrator Shane

That pump had been leaking since last summer. It was really weird. When we would drive for long periods of it would smell like caramel popcorn. I figured it was a leak, but nothing I could see. When I started digging into the thermostat... I noticed it was leaking after I took the pulley off. Couldn't see it without removing the pulley though.