Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > General Car Discussions > General Ford News

Old 03-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1121
What I Drive: 2017 Mustang GT convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing Member
Ecoboost 5.0?

With ford adding direct injection to the coyote 5.0 in 2018 there is speculation the next generation GT 500 will also add twin turbos to the coyote essentially making a 5.0 ecoboost. Also according to the rumor mill, this combo makes 740 hp and they are capable of 10.98 quarter mile times. There are a few videos on you-tube that support the rumors.
16 Blue Candy Focus Titanium 300A loaded

Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
I like the sound of that..... nice!
Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
bringler26
Cadet

Fan#: 2387
What I Drive: Focus, Imreza

bringler26 Good Standing Member
This sounds like a fun car! I hope they actually building it!
Old 03-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

I Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing Member
Well I did some digging around on you tube to get some more info and according to the easter eggs Ford planted in the press release photos, the 2018 dual injected 5.0 makes 455 hp and the New GT 500 engine makes 755 hp. There is a few pics of the new gauge cluster and they have a tach on the left and the speedo on the right and in the center of the tach there is a readout of what gear your in and there is a matching readout of your speed in the center of the speedo. Ford released two photos of that new cluster, and one shows fourth gear and 55 mph and the other shows 7th gear at 55 mph. Both show exactly 1964.5 miles on the odometer and 289 miles to empty.

Also the Rock Dwayne Johnson filmed a promo video at ford headquarters in Dearborn and during that video there is about 3 seconds of video that shows several photos on the wall that has a dark green mustang devoid of any badging with 5 spoke wheels with a polished lip and black centers and with 2018 being the 50th anniversary of the Bullit movie, there is speculation that this is going to be the new bullit.

Notice the black wheels and no 5.0 badge on the fender and the faux gas cap on the decklid panel with what appears to be the BULLIT script on it. On another photo there is a blacked out grill with no pony emblem. All of these little clues are just like the original bullit mustang from the movie.

Oh and I read on stang net that they found the #2 bullit car, in Mexico. They only used two cars for the movie and #1 was destroyed at the end of the chase scene when Steve McQueen put it in the ditch. Steve tried to buy #2 after the movie was completed but someone beat him to it. The current owner was going to take it up to Texas to have a Elanor conversion done to the car as he thought is was just a dark highland green mustang, a standard color in 1968. He got a Marti report done on the car and found out it was the missing bullit car from the movie, so now he is having it restored to the way it appeared in the movie. Oh and when it rolled off the line in 1968 it looked like any other 68 mustang gt 390 car. The studio changed the wheels and stripped off all the mustang emblems and engine size badges giving it that iconic bullit look.

And have you ever heard of a 67 GT 500 convertible? Probably not, I know I didn't, until I read this article http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...g-of-them-all/
Short overveiw, the only GT500 convertible actually built by shelby american in California, also it was actually driven by Carrol Shelby himself. Also its the only 428 CJ dual quad car with factory air and the ONLY 67 shelby convertible ever built.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #5
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
I saw that 455 thing too.... I didn't know if it held any water though. Sure are some nice numbers though.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #6
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

Over the last few years Ford has been planting easter eggs in their press release photos and they always turn out to be true.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

Update on the missing bullit car. The one found in Mexico is the #1 car, the one thought to be destroyed after the movie wrapped. The one actually used during the chase scene that Steve McQueen put in the ditch. The #2 car hasn't been seen since 1977 when some collector bought it and locked it away, rumored to be in Kentucky somewhere. And people are already predicting the car will worth more than 7 figures when the restoration is done.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #8
EmilyJoness
Cadet

Fan#: 4006
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2014 Black

EmilyJoness Good Standing Member
I like the sound of that
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #9
webbrowan
Cadet

Fan#: 3572
What I Drive: o

webbrowan Good Standing Member
Yes I have noticed some of their planted easter eggs too but I have not been following previous releases so I do have complete confidence of how much truth the easter eggs will truly hold. Nevertheless, those figures seem absurd and would definitely be a new ride that is full of adrenalin rush! Well, cannot wait for the truth! Looks like we have to just wait to find out.