Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Cars > Ford Fusion > Ford Fusion Discussions

Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1121
What I Drive: 2017 Mustang GT convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing Member
What are your mod plans for your Fusion

After I complete my audio overhaul, I'd like to do a complete steeda suspension upgrade with some 19" wheels with 245/35/19 BFG KDW's and keep my stock 17" SEL wheels and tires for winter use. I also plan on doing the mazdaspeed 6 big brake conversion, I also want to swap out my lower grille for a sport version, I like the looks better. I may also add sport side skirts if I can find a set cheap. And finally, if I can find a donor car cheap enough I want to make mine the first "Fusion SHO", I call it project SHO-sion by swaping in a 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost engine out of a taurus SHO. Actually if I ever do the ecoboost swap, I'm gonna get SHO-SION on my plates and swap out the 'EL' for 'HO' on the trunk and change the flex-fuel badge for an ecoboost one. My goal is to make it look like ford actually built a fusion SHO
16 Blue Candy Focus Titanium 300A loaded

Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
lyonsroar
Banned

Fan#: 1110
What I Drive: 2006 Ford Fusion

lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Well good luck! I look forward to seeing progress!

As for me, mine is about finished. If I keep it until next Spring I would like to do a square tire/ meaty flush setup...18" wheels on big sidewall tires...

Like so (pic not as meaty as I'd like...)

Old 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
pyzik
Pilot

Fan#: 1139
What I Drive: 2006 Dune Pearl Milan MTX

pyzik Great Standing Member
I have a Milan, can I still play?

Just picked it up yesterday but things that I am doing very soon are tint then HIDs and LEDs. I think clear corners would look nice on my ugly tan.

Then figure out which double din head unit I want.

I need to figure out what plugs and air filter are best for my 2.3 I4 engine.

Color match lower grill, fog light housing & rear bumper insert. Throw on some nicer exhaust tips and I think that will be it.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
lyonsroar
Banned

Fan#: 1110
What I Drive: 2006 Ford Fusion

lyonsroar Great Standing Member
I wouldn't mess with the plugs...as for filter, the Steeda SRI is a really nice piece.

I think black corner markers...
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
I Bleed Ford Blue
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1121
What I Drive: 2017 Mustang GT convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing MemberI Bleed Ford Blue Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
I have a Milan, can I still play?
Sure can, the milans are just the ugly sisters to the fusions.
The MKZ's are the red headed step child of the family that you lock away in the closet when visitors come by so no one sees her.
16 Blue Candy Focus Titanium 300A loaded
Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
pyzik
Pilot

Fan#: 1139
What I Drive: 2006 Dune Pearl Milan MTX

pyzik Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
The MKZ's are the red headed step child of the family that you lock away in the closet when visitors come by so no one sees her.
Haha, I actually like the front of the Milans better than most stock Fusions. And I think the Lincolns are the best looking . Not a fan of chrome on most cars.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
wireless
Cadet

Fan#: 1126
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Grey Fusion

wireless Great Standing Member
Plans for my fusion... good question, haha.

I am currently in my last semester of college and will be moved and working at my new job in about two months.

Any mods I do to my Fusion, I want to look like it would come from the factory that way. I plan on getting a 5ch amp to power new speakers and build an integrated-esque sub and amp shelf in the trunk.
All of this while keeping the factory stereo.

I also plan on doing easy, simple mods: strut tower brace, sway bar, SCT tuner(after 60k when warranty is up), etc.

I also plan on doing a BiXenon retrofit, and painting the interior of my lamps to match the body color.

I want to find(or order) a monochrome appearance grill for my sterling grey fusion as well.

I also want to smoke my side markers, paint the chrome on the front of the car flat black once I get the grill.

Uhh... I think a rear roof spoiler would look really good on these. I haven't seen one yet, but still.

I honestly think that's about it, mostly cosmetic haha. Its a great daily driver and gets great mpg. I just want it to look good and be functional :)
Old 07-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
Mercury07Milan
Cadet

Fan#: 1117
What I Drive: 2007 Mercury Milan Premier V6

Mercury07Milan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
then why do most all fusion owners want projectors, LED tails or two tone interior that Milans' have?

Although you have a 1.5 gen so you have projectors.. but most 1st gen Fusion owners want those things.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
08SDford
Cadet

Fan#: 1144
What I Drive: 2008 red ford fusion

08SDford Great Standing Member
What are the best mods for the money?? I've had mine for about a week and the only thing I can find is steeda parts. I know for mustangs they are good but what about our cars?? I'm working on getting it tinted adding a sub and maybe tinting the tail lights. But as far as power up grades I don't know???
Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
thisdieingdream1
Cadet

Fan#: 2254
What I Drive: 2011 ford fusion se v6

thisdieingdream1 Good Standing Member
My plans are leaving it alone... except for the sound system

I need the people who have their backs turned to turn around

So im replacing all speakers with infinity kappa and alpine bt-hd head unit and 2 alpine 4 ch amps and 1 apline 1100 rms mono sub with 2 12 inch infinity kappa 12s