Old 03-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Megz
Pilot

Fan#: 481
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame Fiesta SE HB - mtx

Megz Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
This is one of the reasons I always wait 2 years after the introduction of the vehicle before purchasing one. Allows them to work out all the minor bugs with it. As the cars start to pile on the mileage problems start to occur and that usually happens within the first 40,000 miles of a vehicles life. Granted the Focus came out here in 2002 it was actually out 4 years at that point if you count the European introduction in 1998. So that means they had a lot of the annoying bugs worked out for the most part.
I'm pretty sure the focus came out in the US in 2000..

Either way I guess the same idea goes with the Fiesta too, Europe has had it before the US. Only problem with saying this was that the euro/us fiestas and focuses have been pretty different.

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 | Pitch Black "Mr. Wiggles"
5 Speed Manual - Slightly Modified
Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
viney266

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: 2003 light tundra Ford focus wagon

viney266 Great Standing Member
^^ Yeah, I think that way,too. Some bikes and cars are just fine, and then a few have bugs to work out :)
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
Megz
Pilot

Fan#: 481
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame Fiesta SE HB - mtx

Megz Great Standing Member
All in all, the car has been great other than the minor adjustment to my driving habits (going to first and then reverse). If anything is going to start coming up, I'd imagine I'll start seeing it soon. I just hit 6,600 miles today eeeek..

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 | Pitch Black "Mr. Wiggles"
5 Speed Manual - Slightly Modified