Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Cars > Ford Fiesta > 1.6L

Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
zacmiller3
Cadet

Fan#: 1073
What I Drive: 2011, Silver, Ford Fiesta SE

zacmiller3 Great Standing Member
Talking 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Transmission Swap from Automatic to Manual

Hey guys, Im trying to figure out where to find a kit where I can switch my automatic transmission to a manual transmission. Do any of you guys know a website where I can purchase a full kit and have it shipped to me to have my own mechanic install it? Please help me out my car is totally stock right now and I just ordered a MagnaFlow exhaust system for my car. Any other after market ideas?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Tom Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacmiller3 View Post
Hey guys, Im trying to figure out where to find a kit where I can switch my automatic transmission to a manual transmission. Do any of you guys know a website where I can purchase a full kit and have it shipped to me to have my own mechanic install it? Please help me out my car is totally stock right now and I just ordered a MagnaFlow exhaust system for my car. Any other after market ideas?

Was there any reason you want to do the swap? Buying another tranny and the labor will set you back a few grand. You're probably better of just trading in your Fiesta and getting a manual.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
tukaniRAY
Command Pilot

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 03 SVT Focus / 08 Ford Edge SEL

tukaniRAY Great Standing Member
I agree. Switching all of that hardware on the Fiesta isn't really worth it.

Visit your local dealer and find out how much it would be to trade your car in for a manual version. I bet they would work with you.

-Ray-
Old 05-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
viney266

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: 2003 light tundra Ford focus wagon

viney266 Great Standing Member
One more chime in. I have done some 5 speed swaps on older cars and it can be alot of work. On a modern car its really bad as the transmission is controlled by the ECU so you would have to swap ECU's and harness parts a well a all the other bits. Really much easier just to get another car.

The cars we swapped were not made with 5 speeds, so that made it worth the time. One was a 87 lincoln 5 speed mustang swap for example.