Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

My sync up and died...

40K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mlesqshtolzey9661 
#1 ·
Yep... 5k on the 2013 and sync decided to take a shit today, 2 hours after service closed of course.
sitting at the car wash listening to tunes on the ipod while waiting when sync decided to freeze. No buttons work, steering wheel controls dont work, can't do a hard reset either (duh! buttons aren't working...), and bluetooth is froze on altho it won't link to anything.
So gotta call monday and schedule service to have it hooked up, erased, and reinstalled [buttkick]
so its radio and cd's for awhile...[nopity]

#3 ·
I guess that's why they issue an extended warranty on that unit. I've had fairly good luck with mine so far. It has its glitches but seems to fix its self.

#4 ·
Try pulling the fuse that controls SYNC®, Multifunction display, Global positioning system module, it's #67 on my Escape. If you disconnect the battery you will lose all your presets and memory functions. If you don't already know, there's a fuse puller attached to the underside of the fuse box in the engine compartment.

#6 ·
funny thing is I got in the car this morning and guess what, sync now works. well kind of. my phone connects and so does the ipod, but every time i shut the car of and restart I have to tell it usb and it randomly indexes after telling it usb.
still going in to have it checked.

and it wasn't sync not just playing with my ipod, it wouldn't play with my phone, controls were dead (both dash and steering wheel), bluetooth was also stuck on, and could do absolutely nothing with it.

pulling the fuse does nothing but clear the memory, it wont reset sync itself. you either have to do a hard reset or the dealer has to hook it to life support and erase and reload it.
the 700hrs is to completely wipe the sync, similar to a hard reset when controls are inop. thats how long it takes its self sustained power to die (give or take)

#7 ·
It only takes 700 hours cause the capacitors in the sync system have no way to discharge, holding memory. If you pull the fuse and connect a test light to the system side of the fuse terminal, and the other end of test light to ground, and turn on the sync system, 15 seconds tops with continuous test light contact will erase the memory...

SVT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.