Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Cars > Ford Mustang > Ford Mustang Discussions

Unread 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Swapper
Pilot

Fan#: 1486
What I Drive: 2013 DIB Roush stage 3 Mustang

Swapper Good Standing Member
Yep got the Stang home but

Got the Stang home last night before the cold rain hit again. Of course had to jump start it, back it up, 6" from the wall of doors and 6" from a Chumero on the other side. Tryed to see if I could make the turn around the Chumero and not loose the front end on the wall. No go so shut it down. Got out my jack and started to lift the rear end when the handle came out of the stub housing. Now the jack can't be pumped up or let down - stuck under there. Neighbor runs home to get his jack so I start the car again and it does start but running really rough, gone into limp mode after having to jump it again. A/F gauge showed 20:1, wouldn't rev pass 1000 rpm. Words were said then and shut it down. Neightbor came back and with his jack, able to get mine out. With a jack on each axle were able to push the back end around and headed straight for the door, Had to jump it again but thankfully and reset it's self and ran great. Got home with no problem with wet muddy tires and a wet road meant 1500 rpm all the way home. Now both sides are covered really good with the mud from the parking lot. Maybe the rain will help, some snow again tommorrow but 70 degs on Sun.
Dave

Unread 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
Just saw this Dave. I sure hope your weather changes soon. On the 10 day forecast, the lowest day is 57. The highest is 79. This Saturday has a forecast of 72.... I'm hoping a Mustang will be moving that day :). I think the mechanical fan is going back on for now. I need one more piece to complete the puzzle.

Sent from my Quad Core Acer A210