Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Cars > Ford C-MAX > C-MAX Hybrid

Unread 01-14-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 19
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Curious about the Panoramic roof?

I discovered that it is manufactured by Saint-Gobain Sekurit. If I'm reading my roof's certification code correctly, then it was made in Portugal. Saint-Gobain has many factories around the world so your E-number could be different. Look for the circle with E# in it, and then look online for glass certification, and you'll find out which country your glass was made in.

I have asked Ford to give me specs on the panoramic roof related to thermal reflection or spectral selection. I'll write what they tell me as soon as I get it. I've discovered on Sekurit's product page that the glass is at least anti-heat glass. Sekurit's literature proclaims that their anti-heat glass is clear, however I know my panoramic roof has a blue/purple reflective quality to it. That makes me think it's IR reflective.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Unread 01-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 19
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Ford wasn't able to give me more information than I already knew. They said that it was equal to 20% tint. If I'm reading Saint-Gobain's literature correctly, it blocks 43% of solar heat, 100% IR, and 100% UV.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Unread 03-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
dfrankhill
Cadet

Fan#: 4881
What I Drive: 2015 White Ford C-MAX SEL Hybrid

dfrankhill Good Standing Member
Sun roof

Just something else Ford can charge you for which serves no practical purpose.