Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Trucks > Ford F-Series > Interior Mods & Upgrades

Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2342
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

2010SVT Good Standing Member
My 98 F150

Boy its dead in here so I figure Id wake it up. Since this is interior mods I wont bore yall with all the details of my truck other than its a 98 F150 XL, a fully optioned XL that was custom ordered and has tan interior. Anyway my current interior mods are done using all OEM parts and while I'm not pioneering anything new its pretty cool I think. I swapped in a set of Expedition buckets and center console. If you didnt know these trucks didnt come with this set up you would be hard pressed to know otherwise. I also swapped in a full Lincoln Navigator dash, once again it looks mostly the same but it looks subtley different and feels way different due to it being padded vinyl

Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
2010SVT
Focus Addict

This is a picture of it before I finally found the correct center piece for the dash. I need to get another pic soon

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

Fan#: 1269
What I Drive: V8 Fords

RangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True Fanatic
Looks good. I had to do a heater core on a Y2K, those dashes are a pain in the butt to pull....

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSVT View Post
Looks good. I had to do a heater core on a Y2K, those dashes are a pain in the butt to pull....

SVT
Thank you. And yes they are very hard to pull lol. Literally are like 50 bolts holding it in and then you got to yank on it just right. I have no intentions of doing it again lol.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, race exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
RangerSVT
Co-Founder

Fan#: 1269
What I Drive: V8 Fords

RangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True FanaticRangerSVT True Fanatic
Shop time gives 8 hours to change a heater core, I can do it in about 5-6 hours, I hope you changed yours while it was out...

SVT
Y2K F150 4x4 Lariat
Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
2010SVT
Focus Addict

I did not lol. Still works fine and I hope I have no need to ever go in there and change it lol. I try and keep up with my maintenance so I hope I dont run into this problem ever. If it does though I have the know how and guess i will have to suck it up and do it lol.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, race exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.