Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Cars > Ford Fusion > 2.3L & 2.5L

Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
lyonsroar
Banned

Fan#: 1110
What I Drive: 2006 Ford Fusion

lyonsroar Great Standing Member
My engine mods

-Steeda Short Ram Intake (with removable MAF sleeve removed)
-CPU tuned by Steeda via XCal device on 87/89 octane
-Magnaflow Exhaust

does 0-60 in "way-too-long" seconds.

The CPU tune really helped to solve the throttle delay problem that the automatic Fusion's have. Throttle is instantaneous, so much so that if I'm not paying attention it tends to jerk off the line.

Tranny shifts are smooth and controlled. Almost too smooth and sloppy. Hoping the Steeda rear motor mount I bought yesterday will solve the problem.

Magnaflow exhaust is nice and mellow without being loud and ricey.

Some pics of the intake and exhaust.

IMG_9587 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_0306_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Videos of the exhaust:

Cold Start and Idle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/0-60pho...hy/7014966649/

3/4 Throttle Take Off
http://www.flickr.com/photos/0-60pho...hy/6873135922/

WOT
http://www.flickr.com/photos/0-60pho...hy/7019255457/

Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
LFSoccer2k6
Cadet

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2010 Black Ford Fusion Sport

LFSoccer2k6 Great Standing Member
These are all the mods I wanna do to me 2010 Sport...if only I had all the $$mula$$
Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
lyonsroar
Banned

just save. eat ramen for a month!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
1 Fusion 12
Cadet

Fan#: 1124
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Fusion

1 Fusion 12 Great Standing Member
Niceee!!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
Gnome Patrol
Cadet

Fan#: 1134
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Fusion SE

Gnome Patrol Great Standing Member
Hey lyonsroar, I see you have done quite a few mods to your 2.3L. How would you rank them as far as performance and difficulty of the install goes? I'm very curious about the CAI and exhaust but also the engine mount. Is it worth the time and money? Would you do it again? Thanks for posting all your mods online I was convinced no one that owned a Fusion wanted to see if they could get a little more out of it until now.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
lyonsroar
Banned

All of the engine mods were cake really...

The intake took about 30 minutes to install. I'm VERY careful with installs too so my time might be inflated. Basic hand tools is all.

The exhaust took a couple hours to do. I also sprayed the crap out of the joint at the catalytic converter with WD40 so it would come apart easy. Probably takes two people though because the stock is one piece and it's unwieldy.

The engine mount was easiest of all. Quite literally two bolts and it's out. You just have to take out the under engine plastic splash tray which is held in by half a dozed little screws. No bigee.

All of my mods were basically for increased driveability. This is never going to be a "fast" car. I wanted to increase the throttle sensitivity to eliminate the lag on acceleration. The combination of the intake, steeda tune, and engine mount accomplished this. If I don't pay attention to my acceleration it will jerk off the line because the throttle is so sensitive. The exhaust was mainly for sound, although the twin chrome tips look better than the stock pipe also. Sound is nice an mellow, not like a fart can at all. It really only asserts itself at over 2,000 RPM's, so if you're just cruising then it's pretty quiet.

All these mods together changed the car from a sleeping old grampa, to an awake and alert...old grampa.

lol